I may hold off on letting them know that Jenny is pregnant and that sometime in July we expect another pretty little "noise maker" to join our family!
's a Few Funnies From Our House to Yours*
* The Teenager recently had knee surgery. I had an audience of kiddlings while I changed her bandages one afternoon. They ooohed and ahhed and gagged a bit here and there. When I was finished I overheard Little Susan saying to the Teenager "I miss your regular knee."
* The Baby was trying to befriend Buzzy, our young Shih Tzu pup. I scratched his chest and said "here honey, pet him like this..." and modeled how she should gently scratch him on the chest. She caught on quickly and was delighted that Buzzy sat still to receive her affection. "Look Mama, I'm rubbing his nipple" she said gleefully as she patted his pointy sternum bone on his chest.
Who taught her these words? Why can't she just KNOW them? Why does she have to USE them? I guess I am the guilty party. I believe in truth. Now don't shoot me...but none of my children believe in Santa either. I never could see the point of trying to convince my sweet innocent toddlers to sit on the lap of a fat old guy for the promise of gifts or candy... I mean we teach them NOT to sit on stranger's laps and NOT to take candy from strangers don't we? I guess I just figured I'd have a harder time convincing them that God is real if I lied to them about Santa, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, etc.... So I guess you could say I am big on truth. I always taught my kiddos the "real" names for body parts instead of sugar coating it and making up fake names for "uncomfortable appendages." Who wants their kid going to school and during health class innocently mislabeling their body parts "the flower", "the secret place" , or "the birdies nest"? I don't want my kiddlings to sound uneducated and I certainly don't want them being teased for using odd names for body parts. So I choose to use proper names for body parts as soon as they start asking that all important question..."whats that?" But sometimes that "truth" backfires and causes embarrassment .... like the day we were having lunch at Montanna's in Windsor. The Baby overheard Uncle Tom talking to Daddy about "China." Well she got a funny look on her face and she started questioning rather loudly in a crowded restaurant "Why was Uncle Tom talkin' 'bout ginas?" She is persistent and we tried to ignore her but she wouldn't have it. She needed to know... "Gina? Gina? Why is he talkin' 'bout ginas?" Over and over again she questioned. Needless to say Uncle Tom hasn't invited us out to lunch since then.
* Little Susan and the Baby were playing with their chapsticks one day. I guess they were sharing with each other. "Mommy, our chapsticks are the same appetite (flavour) said Little Susan.
* I overheard Little Susan explaining an important life lesson to the Baby. "The Barn cat had kittens," she said. "The mama cat laid eggs and the kittens came out."
* Little Susan came home and told me about having her teeth checked at school. "Mommy my teeth are good, they said I have no calories!" she proudly exclaimed.
* The Baby likes the smell of my "doty-rint" (deodorant)
Introducing a new area of the tank.... Subscribers Stories! Do you have a funny or or cute story to share? Want to have it included in the "Subscribers Stories" section of The Fish Bowl? Just email me your story and I
include it in a future edition of The Fish Bowl. Please include your name and
email address with all submissions.
sitting at swimming lessons when I went to smell the tube of hand cream that
Hannah left in my bag and accidentally shot some up my nose. I don 't know if everyone else is just being polite or no
one noticed. Either way, i 'm lol ing
Good thing it smells good.
Submitted by Grace R
*Well I just discovered (a little too late, I
might add) that one if my little angels covered the entire toilet seat with...
Toothpaste!?!? As I went to investigate farther, I found that the other toilet
seat was also a target, leading me to believe that this could have been a team
effort. Unfortunately, my main suspect is in lala land already, so I shall take
my minty fresh butt to bed so I can be all energized to deal with this in the
morning. Regardless, they
're all in
for a good hand scrubbing before breakfast!
Submitted by Grace R
*The awkward moment when you take out the
graham cracker crumbs that have been in the cupboard for over a year & you
tell your teen daughter to
your hand ' and proceed dump some
into her palm then say now 'taste it
with your tongue '..... And she touches
her tongue to it, just barely and then says with fright 'WHAT 'S THAT.... Bug!! '
and I haven 't been able to stop
laughing or crying since!!! Priceless!!! (don 't
worry family, the desserts made last week were from a NEW package. Tonight I
was just trying to use up the old stuff.) this is a moment neither of us will
ever forget!!! For completely opposite reasons... But that doesn 't matter :)
Submitted By Kimberly L, LaSalle
Blowing Bubbles About....
This week we're blowing bubbles about Grocery Shopping 4 You.
Located in Chatham, Ontario. Owned and operated by Kirk Dawes.
Providing personalized grocery shopping and delivery from your favourite stores. We shop....so you don't have to! Serving the Chatham, Blenheim, Dresden, Ridgetown, Tilbury, Wallaceburg areas.
You can also check them out on Face Book.
Join our mailing list
Join our mailing list and receive regular updates as soon as we post a new entry. Just add your name and email address in the "join the mailing list" section on the right hand side. Regular updates will be delivered right to your email inbox.
't keep this to yourself....share this blog with
your family and friends or post it to your Face Book profile (just click the
Face Book button on the right hand side.)
Merry Christmas ~ Be Blessed,