pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

Welcome to my Fish Bowl


Dive on in - the water's cool and refreshing, very inviting ... let's splash around and make some waves! Welcome to my fishbowl. Living in a small town, being a pastor's wife and former foster parent I tend to feel highly visible and very exposed, like I'm living in a fishbowl for all the world to see. My husband asked me why I wanted to write a blog "we live in a fishbowl as it is, everyone knows our business already" he said. I agreed with him but also added that while many people think they know what's going on in our lives, they only know half the story. I am so tired of hearing juicy rumours about my family that aren't even true. Come on now, if you want to talk about someone's business at the very least be accurate! I value honesty and authenticity. I consider myself to be "real" or down to earth. Perhaps that's what I find so appealing about blogging. A chance to be myself and say what's on my heart without worrying about someone else's opinion or take on my life - isn't that what the delete button is for?
So what's my purpose in writing this blog??? Maybe it will be therapeutic. it might unleash some hidden talent I have for writing - or not. It may just end up being a good read or the source of your daily dose of laughter ... I guess there really isn't one specific "reason" for my writing a daily blog except that I can pen down all the rambling thoughts and feelings I rush through in my busy day and feel like I am sharing a part of myelf with someone else. There is never a dull moment around here so plug your nose, hold your breath and keep your eyes opened under the water.... you won't want to miss a thing ~ let's go swimming ....

No comments:

Post a Comment